Welcome to Bellwether Financial Group’s corporate press room – learn the latest news on our portfolio companies by visiting their websites directly. Our press room contains a partial list of articles related to Bellwether Financial Group and our team members.
Bellwether Boosts Hospitality Work | December 24, 2018
Bellwether Financial Group names Irvine Co. veteran Ralph Grippo as a Principal providing a signal on the future direction of the company’s coastal projects, including the renovation of Dana Point Harbor.
Lease for $330 Million Dana Point Harbor is inked | November 3, 2018
On the waterside, Ueberroth plans to build docks that will fit the needs of the future. He plans to reduce the number of slips in the harbor from 2,451 to 2,323, partly due to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and by adding larger slips.
Ueberroth said he expects it will take two years to get through the entitlement process with the California Coastal Commission and then four to five years to build the marina in phases.
“Seven years from now the marina will be fully revitalized,” he said. [Link to article…]
Supervisor Bartlett holds a press conference in Dana Point with Bellwether, Burnham Ward & R.D.Olson kicking off the new management of Dana Point Harbor | November 2, 2018
Pictured left to right: Bob Olson | R.D. Olson, Joe Ueberroth | Bellwether Financial Group, Bryon Ward | Burnham Ward, Supervisor Lisa Bartlett, Don Hansen & Donna Kalez | Dana Wharf Sportfishing & Whale Watching, Scott Burnham | Burnham Ward, & James Lenthall | Dana Point Boaters Association
Bellwether celebrates the signing of the Dana Point Harbor lease with partners Burnham Ward & R.D.Olson | October 29, 2018
Developers detail final renovation plans for Dana Point Harbor | October 23, 2018
Ueberroth addressed questions from boaters related to the possessory interest tax (a tax boaters pay for occupying public space on the water), the wait-list policy for boat slips and the phasing and construction timeline … Read the entire article.
Orange County and private developers plan another meeting for Dana Point Harbor Revitalization | October 18, 2018 [Read more…]
Dana Point boaters, merchants get closer look at what harbor and marina will look like after $330 million overhaul | September 25, 2018
Boaters and merchants got a first look Monday, Sept. 24, at what the renovated Dana Point marina will look like after the 47-year-old Dana Point Harbor undergoes a $330 million renovation.
Joe Ueberroth, of Bellwether Financial Group, will build the waterside.
Ueberroth unveiled a plan that gave boaters a first view of the marina.
“I build marinas across the world and I try to use other ideas tried in other harbors,” said Ueberroth, who said the harbor’s marina is the largest on the West Coast.
“We will be leading edge and we will look at, ‘What do we need to look like in 20 years,’ he said. “The intent is to build a world-class facility that you will love and that meets the community of today.”
Read the entire article.
(Photo by Leonard Ortiz, Orange County Register/SCNG)
Bellwether Financial Group Completes Capital Raise for HRsoft | July 25, 2018
Bellwether Financial Group (“Bellwether”) today announced the completion of a Series B Preferred Stock round it led on behalf of HRsoft, a leader in cloud-based SaaS solutions for compensation and rewards planning.
“We are pleased with our continued involvement with HRsoft and leading this follow-on investment,” said Joe Ueberroth, Founder and President of Bellwether. He added, “We believe the product offerings and growth potential of HRsoft remain solidly on track from our initial investment thesis.”
HRsoft was named Company of the Year in December 2017 by The Technology Headlines, a magazine that brings together CIOs, CXOs, and other technology decisions involved in the evolution of technology and industry trends. HRsoft’s compensation management software products combine powerful industry leading features and the ability to integrate with HRIS and other third-party software to create a tremendous value and ROI for its customers. [Read more…]
Bellwether Financial and DPHP get the go-ahead for $330 million Dana Point Harbor renovation | July 17, 2018
Dana Point Harbor merchants and boaters let out a collective sigh of relief on Tuesday, July 17, as a more-than-20-year-old plan to renovate Dana Point Harbor moved closer to reality.
The Orange County Board of Supervisors unanimously approved a master lease agreement with Dana Point Harbor Partners to finalize the details to begin a $330 million renovation of the 47-year-old harbor.
With the OK, the development group will have a 90- to 120-day option period in which to take a deeper dive into the project and make adjustments to the 66-year lease.
The board also voted to go forward on a second lease agreement in which the county will pay $20 million for the harbor’s dry boat storage.
“The harbor is over 47 years old,” said Supervisor Lisa Bartlett, who oversees the 5th District and served on the Dana Point City Council for eight years. “We’re tired of using Band-Aids. Now is the time to move forward.” [Read more…]
- OC Supervisors OK Dana Point Harbor overhaul | July 17, 2018 [Read more…]
- Dana Point Harbor Partners provides lease details to the Dana Point Advisory Board | July 5, 2018 [Read more…]
- HRsoft named Company of the Year for 2017 by the Technology Headlines magazine | June 4, 2018 [Read more…]
- Athletes First’s historic deal with NBA Union | May 28, 2018 [Read more…]
- Long Beach Parks and Bellingham Marine celebrate the re-opening of Alamitos Bay Marina | May 25, 2018 [Read more…]
- SafetyChain Software finishes Q1 2018 with strongest growth in company history | May 11, 2018 [Read more…]
- Bellwether Financial Group completes successful exit of Parlo, a leading artificial intelligence workforce solution | May 3, 2018 [Read more…]
- Joe Ueberroth applauds Athletes First and Dentsu’s new venture, Athletes First Partnership (A1P) – it has the capability to revolutionize financial opportunities for NBA players off the court | April 25, 2018 [Read more…]
- SafetyChain Software named Top 10 for Food & Beverage Industry | April 5, 2018 [Read more…]
- BBBS of OC “Successful Soiree” sponsored by Bellwether Financial Group raises record-breaking $2.4 Million | November 13, 2017 [Read more…]
- Orange County pins hopes of Dana Point Harbor revitalization on three firm partnership – Bellwether Financial Group will rebuild marina component | November 2, 2017 [Read more…]
- Joe Ueberroth receives Man of the Year honor at Big Brothers Big Sister’s 53rd Gourmet Dinner | October 23, 2017 [Read more…]
- Orange County selects Bellwether / Ueberroth team as partner for Dana Point Harbor Revitalization | October 19, 2017 [Read more…]
- Dana Point Boaters support P3 team including Bellwether Financial Group’s Joe Ueberroth | October 13, 2017 [Read more…]
- OC Developers Tapped for $300M Dana Point Harbor Revitalization — Joe Ueberroth is responsible for all marina components October 9, 2017 [Read more…]
- Big Brother Big Sister’s event honoring Bellwether Financial Group’s Joe Ueberroth as their Man of the Year sets new fundraising records for Orange County’s prestigious event | October 7, 2017 [Read more…]
- Joe Ueberroth, founder and President of Bellwether Financial Group, has local ties fueling decision to open an Orange County office for Bellingham Marine | May 25, 2017 [Read more…]
- Joe Ueberroth co-chairs the 52nd Annual Gourmet Dinner benefiting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County and the Inland Empire | December 2016 [Read more…]
- BBBS of Orange County’s 52nd Gourmet Dinner co-chaired by Joe Ueberroth raises record-breaking $1.5 Million | October 31, 2016 [Read more…]
- Dentsu values Athlete’s First at $50M in deal Joe Ueberroth brokered | May 11, 2015 [Read more…]
- Joe Ueberroth, Bellwether Financial Group, brokers deal for Dentsu acquiring 33% stake in football agency, Athlete’s First | May 7, 2015 [Read more…]
- Joe Ueberroth co-chairs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County 51st Gourmet Dinner – – Raises record-breaking $1 Million | October 5, 2015 [Read more…]
- HRsoft closes new round of equity financing from Bellwether Financial Group | October 3, 2014 [Read more…]
- SafetyChain Software Chairman, Joe Ueberroth welcomes Dr. David Acheson to the board | August 22, 2012 [Read more…]
- Joe Ueberroth is an initial investor and now the largest outside investor in International Greenhouse Produce | June 7, 2012 [Watch Video]
- In Turbulent Times: A Case for Marina Assets by Joe Ueberroth /Marina Dockage | December 2011 [Read more…]
- Marinas 2011, a high quality event with highlight keynote address delivered by Joe Ueberroth, President of Bellwether Financial Group | August 2011 [Read more…]
- Marina World interviews Joe Ueberroth about the success of the prestigious Newport Harbor Shipyard | July/August 2011 [Read more…]
- Joe Ueberroth of Bellwether Financial Group delivers keynote address at Marinas 2011 International Conference and Exhibition, Melbourne | June 21, 2011 [Read more…]
- Keynote speaker, Joe Ueberroth, says changes loom for traditional marinas | May 24, 2011 [Read more…]
- Bellwether Financial Group successfully monetizes its long-term investment in Enwisen | January 3, 2011 [Read more…]
- Bellwether Financial Group plays an active role in the creation of Plain Jane brand in the produce industry | October 7, 2010 [Read more…]
- Joe Ueberroth and Glenn Stearns | YPO: Life Changing Lives | 2009 [Read more…]
- Bellwether Financial Group acquires Bellingham Marine and BellPort Group | May 2009 [Read more…]
- Bellwether Financial Group President and CEO acquires Ambassadors Marine Group | May 15, 2009 [Read more…]
- Windstar Cruises Announces 2008 Chairman’s Cruise Hosted by Chairman, CEO and President Joe Ueberroth | February 19, 2008 [Read more…]
- Orangewood Board Member, Joe Ueberroth, introduces his philanthropist father at the Assistance League of Newport Mesa’s “A Laff-ternoon with Larry Miller” | March 20, 2007 [Read more…]
- President Fox, Joe Ueberroth and others celebrated in inauguration of Marina Costa Baja with owner Manuel Arango | October 3, 2005 [Read more…]
- Joe Ueberroth’s highly speculative investment in GetThere.com (formerly Internet Travel Network) pays off | August 29, 2000 [Read more…]
- Orange County Business Journal profiles Bellwether Financial Group Joe Ueberroth’s entry into the Marina industry | April 10, 2000 [Read more…]
- Joe Ueberroth makes highly speculative investment into Internet Travel Network | May 6, 1996 [Read more…]